- In a large but shallow pot, over medium heat sauté the white onion in olive oil for 5-7 minutes until tender
- Add the minced garlic, sauté for another 2-3 minutes and add the Muir Glen Basil Crushed Tomatoes and basil stems
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers, cook for 3-5 minutes stirring consistently
- Add the zucchini, cook for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and continue stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until the mixture cools down
- Add the finely sliced basil
**Serve immediately, warm, or let cool and refrigerate.
**Serve later of the next day for lunch, dinner or even breakfast either warm or chilled.
**This ratatouille goes well with poached eggs, scallops or shrimp, baked fish, chicken, warm pulses grains or Tofu.
Chef Ned Tip:
I love this ratatouille with preserved white anchovies, fried eggs and buttered toast.