Vegan Summer Succotash
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, greens and whites separated
- 1 package (12 oz/340 g) frozen shelled edamame, thawed (about 2 1/4 cups/550 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 can (796 mL/28 oz) Muir Glen™ Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cooked white rice, if desired
In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, green onion whites, thawed edamame and salt. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned in spots. Add garlic, tomatoes and soy sauce; heat to simmering. Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Top with green onion greens and cilantro; serve with lime wedges over rice.