Braised Chicken Thighs In A Tomato Sauce, Green Cracked Olives & Crumbled Goat Feta by Ivana Raca
- 8 medium sized chicken thighs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, slivers
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 can Muir Glen Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 250 ml green olives, (pitted)
- 2.5 ounces goat feta cheese
- 4 sprigs of basil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper.
- In a medium-large cast iron pan or a ceramic braising pot, bring the pan to a medium high heat.
- Once the pan is to temperature place the olive oil and chicken thighs facing skin side down in the pan. Slowly rendering off the fat on the chicken skin for at least 6 minutes or until the skin is golden brown.
- Once the chicken has the golden colour, flip the chicken to skin side up. lower the heat to medium- low and add onion and garlic slivers.
- Stir until the onions and garlic are cooked down to a light brown colour.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and deglaze with white wine.
- Add Muir Glen Crushed Tomatoes with Basil and simmer for 10 minutes on top of the stove.
- Place in a pre heated oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is ready add the remaining ingredients.
- Tare the basil in big chunks and scatter the olives around the chicken sprinkle the goat feta into big chunks and serve table side.