Rigatoni Basil Rose by Afrim Pristine
1 Package Rigatoni 500g
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Shallot (Finely diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1/2 TBSP Fresh Rosemary (Fine chopped)*
1/2 TBSP Fresh Thyme (Fine chopped)*
1 TBSP Fresh hand torn basil*
1/4 Cup Sherry cooking wine
2 Cups Cherry tomatoes
1 Can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup 35% cream
1/4 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
*Fresh can be substitutes for dried herbs
- Fill medium sized pot with water. Salt generously. Allow to boil.
- Add pasta when it reaches a rolling boil. Cooking for amount of time stated on package.
- Remove and coat in olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- In large frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add finely diced shallots and sauté until golden brown.
- Add garlic and herbs. Allow to cook until garlic also turns golden brown.
- Add cherry tomatoes. Increase temperature slightly, adding in sherry cooking wine and allowing it to reduce for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add in one can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Slowly add heavy cream. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and stir thoroughly. For thicker sauce allow it to simmer in pan for an additional 5 minutes.
- Plate pasta and garnish generously with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.