Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato Mac n Cheese by Ned Bell
- I can Muir Glen Fire Toasted Tomatoes
- 1/ 500 gram box of your favourite short pasta (Elbows, Shells, Penne, Fusilli)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 litre whole milk
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups grated mozzarella or mixed pizza cheese
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- Following the instructions on your box of pasta, cook the pasta until al dente, drain, cool and set aside.
- In a medium/large size pot over medium heat melt the butter until bubbling.
- Add the flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until blended, ‘cook out’ the flour for 2 minutes stirring constantly
- Slowly start adding the milk, 1 cup at a time, stirring with the wooden spoon to incorporate, add all the milk in 3-4 stages.
- Once the milk is added into the butter and flour you will have a thick golden white sauce.
- Turn the heat down to just below medium and add the cream cheese. Stir to incorporate/melt.
- Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in add the grated Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese mix -also add the can of Fire Roasted Muir Glen Tomatoes.
- Stirring constantly and gently to blend/incorporate everything together.
- Once finished, turn off the heat and add your cooked pasta.
- Mix the sauce and the cooked pasta well, pour into a medium/large sized casserole dish
- In a pre heated 400° degree oven bake the pasta until bubbling and golden brown.
- Approx 35 mins.