Shrimp and White Bean Provençal
Tomatoes, fennel and herbes de Provence will fill your kitchen with tempting aromas while you make this weeknight shrimp and white bean dinner. Serve this easy one-pot meal with crunchy bread to soak up all the flavours!
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) uncooked deveined peeled extra-large shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 medium bulb fennel, cored and diced (about 1½ cups/375 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced yellow or orange bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) herbes de Provence
- 1/2 can (796 mL/28 oz) Muir Glen™ Organic Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) thinly sliced basil leaves
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Season shrimp with pepper flakes and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp and reserve.
- In same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, the fennel and onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until fennel and onion just start to soften. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add bell pepper and herbes de Provence; stir to blend, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and beans; heat to simmering, then return shrimp to skillet. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are heated. Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with basil.