One Pot Tomato, Collard and White Bean Stew
This hearty vegan stew is a great dish to make on a cold winter Sunday. Makes enough for work week lunches or the stew can be frozen for two months in the freezer.
- 1 can (796 mL/28 oz) Muir Glen™ Organic Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (540 mL/19 oz) Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch fresh collard greens, cleaned, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon zest and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add collard greens and cook until they begin to wilt, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add beans, tomatoes, stock, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 35-45 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings, drizzle with extra olive oil when serving.