Braised Calamari, Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Blistered Heirloom Tomatoes & Fennel by Ivana Raca
- 8 calamari tubes, cleaned and scored
- 1 can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 cherry tomato sprigs on the vine
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/2 fennel, medium sliced wedges
- 6 sprigs dill
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 ounce butter, salted
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped coarse
- 4 cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 lemon, wedges
- In a large non stick pan, place small amount of olive oil, diced onions, garlic slivers and sauté for 5 minutes on a medium low heat.
- Deglaze with white wine. Add the Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes at low heat.
- In a mixing bowl season the cherry tomatoes and fennel with salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- In another grill pan, grill fennel wedges, cherry tomatoes and calamari until charred and golden.
- Place the fennel, calamari on top of the tomatoes and add clam juice, butter, and reduce for 5 minutes on the stove.
- Once the flavours have developed add the remaining olive oil and dill. Adjust the seasoning with salt and fresh black pepper.
- Serve table- side and squeeze lemon juice last minute before serving and enjoy!