Seared Halibut in Fire Roasted Tomatoe Sauce, Olives And Capers by Afrim Pristine
- 1 pc halibut 8oz ideally fresh, but frozen if fresh not available
- 2 cups Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 whole caper berries
- basil sprouts
- flaked salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
- lemon wedge
- In a medium sized saucepan, put a few tablespoons olive oil and gently coat pan with the olive oil. Turn heat to medium high.
- Coat the skin side of the halibut with a touch of olive oil, flaked salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Once the olive oil in the pan is slightly bubbling, place halibut skin side down. Cook skin side for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- While halibut is cooking skin side down, coat the other side with olive and season with salt and pepper.
- Flip over and cook for another 4 minutes, then let rest for 2 minutes.
- In another medium sized sauce pan, cook the Muir Glen Fire roasted Crushed Tomatoes for 5-6 minutes on medium high heat or until the sauce reduces by a third, season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the tomatoes and place cooked fish on top, garnish with Basil leaves and whole caperberries. Squeeze fresh lemon onto the fish.