Braised Turkey Pappardelle Pasta, Basil Tomato Sauce & Smoked Gouda by Ivana Raca
- 1 lb turkey coarsely ground
- 10 ounces pappardelle dry or fresh noodles
- 1/2 can Muir Glen Tomatoes with Basil
- 2 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 6 garlic cloves, slivers
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 6 sprigs of basil
- 1 piece black garlic or roasted garlic cloves
- 2 ounce butter, salted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- Boil water in a large pot, season with 2 tbsp kosher salt.
- Cook pappardelle noodles for 8 minutes. Strain and set aside once ounce of pasta water.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the pappardelle noodles so they don't stick.
- Run your fingers through the noodles a few times to make sure they are all separated.
- In a medium non stick pan, brown ground turkey for 10 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, slivered garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil at a medium low heat to the meat and simmer for another 10 minutes. Deglaze with white wine.
- Add a 1/4 can of Muir basil tomatoes and simmer for another 15 minutes at low heat.
- Once the sauce has been reduced add pasta, butter, thyme and basil to the dish and adjust the seasoning.
- Add butter and black garlic to finish the dish.
- Grate smoked gouda on top of the plate and garnish the dish with baby thyme.