Simple, elegant and so flavourful, this appetizer is ready to serve in about 10 minutes.
- 1 cup (350ml) Muir Glen™ Organic Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Romano cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Slice baguette into 1/2" (1.25 cm) slices and lightly toast. Rub each piece of toast with raw garlic and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes. In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto toasted, garlic-rubbed bread slices.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese. Serve immediately.